We lead with inclusion
Shared experiences. Diverse voices. Common connections. United goals. #Team¸Û²ÊÍ¼¿â.
Inclusion is what we do
Inclusivity drives how we empower and connect with our employees.
Diversity is who we are
Our diverse voices, backgrounds and experiences make ¸Û²ÊÍ¼¿â stronger.
Equity is how we operate
We provide equal opportunities for all employees to thrive.
If we donâ€™t have an inclusive and diverse culture, weâ€™ll fail at everything else.
Chairman and CEO
Belonging is our outcome
To drive positive and meaningful change â€” and further support an extraordinary culture where everyone can thrive â€” ¸Û²ÊÍ¼¿â has committed to the following goals and actions:
- Expand the demographic data we track, providing employees the opportunity to voluntarily self-identify in order to better understand and serve our workforce, including those who are living with a disability, are LGBTQ+, or have military experience, and more
- Expand transparency: provide further breakdowns of our team by department
- Improve workforce representation year over year
- Achieve a 30% increase in the representation of People of Color in leadership positions
- Reach racial and gender parity with the diversity of our nation
Our Actions –
- Regularly share our workforce demographics while continuing to regularly measure our progress.
- Further invest in training for managers impacting employee experiences
- Evaluate and improve our People Programs (Recruitment & Hiring; Learning & Career Development; Succession Planning; Engagement; Retention; Competitive Pay & Benefits; Training; Policies and Procedures) to provide a safe environment where everyone is treated with respect and has equal opportunities to thrive
- Hold our leadership accountable to meet defined objectives as identified in the annual goal setting process
We are accountable and committed to focusing on greater inclusion of Women, People of Color (including American Indian or Alaska Native; Asian; Black or African American; Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic or Latino and Middle Eastern or North African backgrounds), LGBTQ+, those with differing abilities, those having military experience, and more underrepresented groups at every level of our workforce.
Employee Resource Groups
Our Employee Resource Groups are employee-led and open to all. Based on shared characteristics or life experiences, ERGs foster communities, build connections, increase cultural awareness, recruit and retain diverse talent and help us grow professionally and personally.
We celebrate diversity by elevating the authentic voices of our employees and sharing some of their meaningful life moments.
Our Ally Campaign is a company-wide initiative to educate and encourage employees to support and stand up for others in the workplace. Being an ally means taking action to empower and embrace one another.
Our supplier diversity program connects small businesses â€” owned by people of color, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ â€” to opportunities within ¸Û²ÊÍ¼¿â.
Awards, recognition & honors
As a media company, inclusivity influences the stories we tell and the products we create. We strive to deepen understanding across cultural chasms.
USA TODAY annually honors local and national heroines
How resident are researching centuries of buried Black history
Meet the first Latina to lead the Asheville Citizen Times
Advocating for the LGBTQ+ community in South Dakota